This is a nice little twist on a classic dish. If you love cheese, feel free to add more, and green peppers are a great taste if you want some vegetables.—Barb Kondolf, Hamlin, New York
Recommended: 45 Comfort Food Mashups
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add pasta; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until pasta is toasted. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey and onion; cook 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles.
- Transfer to slow cooker. Stir in tomato sauce, water, salsa and taco seasoning. Cook, covered, 3-4 hours or until pasta is tender.
- Remove insert; top with cheese. Let stand, covered, 15 minutes. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Taco Macaroni in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2016, p32
Reviews for Turkey Taco Macaroni
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review