Turkey Taco Dip
I created this zippy snack when I had a craving for tacos, but didn't want all the fat and calories that go along with them. It's quick to fix and uses ingredients I usually have on hand. I served this appetizer at a bridal shower, and the bride liked it so much she asked me to make it for her wedding reception!
-Liz Adcock, Rayville, Louisiana
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 3/4 cup picante sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- In a skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add taco seasoning and water; cover and simmer for 10
- minutes. Spoon turkey onto a 12-in. serving plate or pizza pan. In a
- bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream; spread
- over the meat mixture. Spread with picante sauce. Top with lettuce,
- tomato and cheese. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without chips) equals 135 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 569 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red