I created this zippy snack when I had a craving for tacos, but didn't want all the fat and calories that go along with them. It's quick to fix and uses ingredients I usually have on hand. I served this appetizer at a bridal shower, and the bride liked it so much she asked me to make it for her wedding reception! -Liz Adcock, Rayville, Louisiana
Recommended: 21 Recipes to Make with Avocado
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 3/4 cup picante sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- In a skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and water; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Spoon turkey onto a 12-in. serving plate or pizza pan. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream; spread over the meat mixture. Spread with picante sauce. Top with lettuce, tomato and cheese. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Taco Dip in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p27
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Turkey Taco Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2013
"I tried this and had diarrhea for a month straight."