Turkey Taco Bake Recipe
This dish is a great way to use up leftover turkey from Thanksgiving or Christmas. This hearty Mexican-style casserole is chock-full of popular south-of-the-border ingredients including corn chips, salsa, Monterey Jack cheese and refried beans. It's a guaranteed family-pleaser.—Trudie Hagen, Roggen, Colorado
- 2 cups coarsely crushed corn chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1. Place corn chips in a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Place the refried beans in a small saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in 1 cup cheese and salsa. Spread over chips.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine turkey and taco seasoning; sprinkle over bean mixture. Top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle with onion.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 662 calories, 24 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 1,396 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 12 g fiber, 44 g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Taco Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC