Turkey Swiss Quiche Recipe
This recipe is the perfect solution to what to do with left over turkey. My family looks forward to it every year after Thanksgiving.—Lois Forehand, Little River Academy, Texas
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked turkey
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Dash salt and pepper
- 3 slices (3/4 ounce each) Swiss cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Reduce heat to 375°.
- 2. Sprinkle turkey into pastry shell. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream. Stir in the shredded Swiss cheese, onions, pimientos, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour into crust.
- 3. Bake 20 minutes. Arrange Swiss cheese strips in a lattice pattern over quiche. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 489 calories, 31 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 234 mg cholesterol, 334 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC