This streamlined but elegant version of a traditional turkey dinner is a quick meal that's sure to brighten any table and set holiday spirits stirring! Margaret Wilson - Hemet, California
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (2 pounds, 8 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- In a large skillet, brown turkey in butter on each side. Arrange sweet potatoes around turkey. Combine the cranberries, maple syrup, orange juice and cinnamon; pour over sweet potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Remove turkey and sweet potatoes to a serving platter. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with turkey and sweet potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Sweet Potato Supper in Simple & Delicious November/December 2008, p24
Reviews for Turkey Sweet Potato Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2011
"Though the canned sweet potatoes make this recipe easier, they tend to fall apart during cooking, making more of a sauce. I'm going to try boiling my own sweet potatoes next time."