- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes, water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in corn, sage and pepper; heat through. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and milk until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in turkey; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Turkey-Sweet Potato Soup(8)
Sort By :
Having grown my own sweet potatoes this year (yes, just south of Buffalo NY)I have been searching for recipes to use them in. I followed the recipe exactly and loved it!! Will be adding this to my collection.
Quick, easy and very good.
I made this recipe and thickened it a little bit more by adding less liquid and placed a crust on top and baked it like a pot pie. It was a big hit!!!!
I added a little butter since I didn't have 2% milk (used skim instead). I also used fresh rosemary instead of the sage. It was very yummy!
Made this for dinner tonight and it was yummy!!!!!!!! I love sweet potatoes and the cream style corn gave it a yummy taste and texture, more like chowder instead of soup but yummy in my tummy anyway!!!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Potato Soup >
- Potato Soup Recipes >