Turkey-Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine potatoes, water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Stir in corn, sage and pepper; heat through. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and milk until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in turkey; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 275 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 374 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.