Turkey-Sweet Potato Soup
A batch of this soup brings the nostalgic flavors and heartwarming feel of the holidays at any time of year. When I have time to slow-cook it, my whole house smells cozy. —Radine Kellogg, Fairview, IL
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes, water and bouillon; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, 10-15 minutes or until potatoes
- are tender.
- Stir in corn, sage and pepper; heat through. In a small bowl, mix
- cornstarch and milk until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in turkey; heat
- through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 275 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 374 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.