- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes, water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in corn, sage and pepper; heat through. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and milk until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in turkey; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Turkey-Sweet Potato Soup
Sort By :
Just too sweet. I like sweet potatoes and corn but the combination was terrible. Neither of us liked it and we did not even finish it.
Having grown my own sweet potatoes this year (yes, just south of Buffalo NY)I have been searching for recipes to use them in. I followed the recipe exactly and loved it!! Will be adding this to my collection.
Quick, easy and very good.
I made this recipe and thickened it a little bit more by adding less liquid and placed a crust on top and baked it like a pot pie. It was a big hit!!!!
I added a little butter since I didn't have 2% milk (used skim instead). I also used fresh rosemary instead of the sage. It was very yummy!
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Potato Soup >
- Potato Soup Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Soup Recipes >