Turkey Stuffing Mix Recipe
Darlene Brenden of Salem, Oregon reveals, "I use dry bread for this recipe, which costs just a fraction of the price of a store-bought mix."
- 3-1/2 cups unseasoned toasted bread cubes
- 3 tablespoons dried celery flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Place bread cubes in a jar or resealable plastic bag. In a small plastic bag, combine the celery flakes, parsley flakes, onion, bouillon, poultry seasoning and sage. Tie the bag shut and attach to jar or bag of bread cubes. Yield: 1 batch.
- 2. To prepare stuffing: In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water, butter and contents of seasoning packet to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; add bread cubes and mix gently. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Toss with a fork before serving. Yield: 6 servings per batch.
1/2 cup: 122 calories, 6g fat (0g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Turkey Stuffing Mix
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC