Turkey Stuffing Mix
Darlene Markel of Sublimity, Oregon reveals, "I use dry bread for this recipe, which costs just a fraction of the price of a store-bought mix."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3-1/2 cups unseasoned toasted bread cubes
- 3 tablespoons dried celery flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place bread cubes in a jar or resealable plastic bag. In a small
- plastic bag, combine the celery flakes, parsley flakes, onion,
- bouillon, poultry seasoning and sage. Tie the bag shut and attach to
- jar or bag of bread cubes. Yield: 1 batch.
- To prepare stuffing: In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water,
- butter and contents of seasoning packet to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; add bread
- cubes and mix gently. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Toss with a
- fork before serving. Yield: 6 servings per batch.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with margarine and reduced-sodium bouillon) equals 122 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 162 mg sodium,