Turkey Stuffing Bread
My father-in-law had a ball experimenting with his bread machine to come up with this unique bread that tastes just like real turkey stuffing. It's fabulous with a chicken or turkey dinner...and works well with all those Thanksgiving leftovers, too.
-Gayl Koster, Nunica, Michigan
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 3 cups bread flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5
- minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if
- needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 117 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 242 mg sodium,