- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 3 cups bread flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Reviews for Turkey Stuffing Bread
"This smelled wonderful while it was baking, and it didn't disappoint in flavor. My only change for next time is to reduce the amount of celery seed."
"Wow. This bread is amazing, exactly what I was looking for. I made one loaf for our turkey stuffing, and I have another loaf baking right now, to make leftover sandwiches with. The combination of the spices with the onions is heavenly. I had to add about 2 1/2 tablespoons of water after I added the dry ingredients to the mix for the dough to have the right consistency. But the loaf turned out perfect, rose nicely, and baked up tender and moist. And absolute winner, thank you!"
"I made this recipe into rolls every year it's just like a stuffing roll so good to put leftovers on for a thanksgiving or christmas snack its my favorite"
"thanks for sharing Gayl"
"Made several loaves of this @ Christmas and used to stuff turkey. It was great! It was also fantastic to used for sandwiches after........almost better than the stuffing!"