My father-in-law had a ball experimenting with his bread machine to come up with this unique bread that tastes just like real turkey stuffing. It's fabulous with a chicken or turkey dinner...and works well with all those Thanksgiving leftovers, too. -Gayl Koster, Nunica, Michigan
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 3 cups bread flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Originally published as Turkey Stuffing Bread in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p31
Reviews for Turkey Stuffing Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review