Turkey-Stuffed Portobellos Recipe
- 2 tablespoons crushed saltines
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons shredded zucchini
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons spicy hot V8 juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 large portobello mushrooms
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Remove and discard stems of portobello mushrooms. Fill mushrooms with turkey mixture.
- 2. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender and a thermometer inserted into stuffing reads 165°. Yield: 2 servings.
1 stuffed mushroom equals 227 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Turkey-Stuffed Portobellos
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.