From Cheyenne, Wyoming, Cindy Adams shares, “When I created this recipe, I wanted something nutritious and delicious. These stuffed mushrooms fit the bill.”
- 2 tablespoons crushed saltines
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons shredded zucchini
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons spicy hot V8 juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 large portobello mushrooms
- In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Remove and discard stems of portobello mushrooms. Fill mushrooms with turkey mixture.
- Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender and a thermometer inserted into stuffing reads 165°. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Turkey-Stuffed Portobellos in Light & Tasty October 2005, p13
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Turkey-Stuffed Portobellos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review