- 5 medium green peppers
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/4 pounds extra-lean ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (7 ounces) shredded cheddar-flavored soy cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and discard seeds. In a Dutch oven, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the turkey, cumin, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper; cook and stir over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the soy cheese, tomatoes and bread crumbs. Spoon into pepper halves. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and peppers are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Turkey-Stuffed Bell Peppers
Sort By :
My first time making AND eating stuffed bell peppers...my dinner guest said that they were the best she'd ever had!
Turkey tends to be bland and the recipe did a good job of bringing some of it out.
The next time I try this, I will use goat cheese, and lots of it. I tried that on a turkey meatloaf, and it was great.
Yeah, I used real cheese. Sorry healthy people!
We love this stuffed pepper recipe! We found it in the Healthy Cooking magazine a few years ago, and we make them all the time. Our 2 year old son even really likes them. I highly recommend them!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Baking Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >