Turkey Stroganoff with Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 4 pounds)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or beef stock
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- Grated Parmesan cheese and minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and stock until smooth. Add to pan. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in cream; heat through.
- 4. When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Serve with turkey mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup stroganoff with 2/3 cup squash (calculated without cheese) equals 246 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 677 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Turkey Stroganoff with Spaghetti Squash
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.