Turkey Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless turkey breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, sliced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups pea pods, trimmed
- Cooked rice, optional
- 1/3 cup cashews, optional
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry turkey in oil over medium-high heat until no longer pink, about 5-6 minutes. Remove turkey and keep warm. Stir-fry the onion, carrot, green pepper and mushrooms until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the chicken broth, cornstarch, soy sauce and ginger. Add to skillet; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 3. Return turkey to skillet with pea pods; cook and stir until heated through. Serve with rice if desired. Top with cashews. Yield: 6 servings.
1/4 pound: 277 calories, 7g fat (0g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 40g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Turkey Stir-Fry
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer