Turkey Stir-Fry with Cabbage Recipe
Cabbage makes a crunchy alternative to rice in this delicious stir-fry laced with a sweet-savory sauce and packed with flavor. A fabulous solution for busy nights! Chinese five-spice powder is a blend of anise, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and star anise. You can find it on the spice shelf at your local grocery store. Didi Desjardins – Dartmouth, MA
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 4-1/4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins, cut into thin strips
- 7 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1-1/2 cups fresh snow peas
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir in the chutney, soy sauce, five-spice powder and garlic.
- In a large skillet, saute turkey in 3 teaspoons oil for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink; set aside. In the same skillet, saute red pepper and snow peas in 2 teaspoons oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir soy sauce mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add turkey; heat through.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute cabbage in remaining oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Serve with turkey mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Stir-Fry with Cabbage in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009, p20
Reviews for Turkey Stir-Fry with Cabbage(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review