Turkey Stir-Fry Supper Recipe
- 2-1/4 pounds boneless skinless turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth, divided
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli spears, thawed
- 1 pound carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 bunches green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1. Cut turkey into 2-in. strips. In a Dutch oven or wok, stir-fry turkey in batches in oil for 5-7 minutes or until juices run clear. Set turkey aside.
- 2. Add rice, 3-1/2 cups broth, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and pepper to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 3. Cut broccoli into 3 in. pieces. Add the broccoli, carrots and onions to rice mixture; simmer for 3-5 minutes. Combine cornstarch and remaining broth; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in turkey and bean sprouts; heat through. Yield: 14 servings.
One 1-cup serving (prepared with low-sodium broth and light soy sauce) equals 233 calories, 345 mg sodium, 46 mg cholesterol, 19 gm carbohydrate, 22 gm protein, 8 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer