Turkey Stew with Dumplings Recipe
- 8 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 4-2/3 cups water, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg
- In a Dutch oven, saute the carrots, celery and onion in butter for 10 minutes. Add the consomme, 4 cups water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add turkey and beans; cook for 5 minutes. Combine the flour, Worcestershire sauce and remaining water until smooth; stir into turkey mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- For dumplings, combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Stir in parsley and poultry seasoning. Combine milk and egg; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto simmering stew. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift the cover while simmering). Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Stew with Dumplings(5)
Sort By :
My hubby and I love the dumpling recipe. The stew is excellent too. Thanks for sharing!
Fantastic dinner!! Made it with the stock I made w/ the turkey carcass from Thanksgiving. I made it in the crockpot and let it cook all day. I added potatoes as well. I will definitely make this again!!
I used chicken soup nase instead of the beef. My family loved it and the dumplings (my first time ever making them) turned out great! Will definately make again.
This is the best recipe for using up Thanksgiving turkey that I have ever found! So delicious and I think I like it even better than chicken and dumplings.
I made this for my family and everyone loved it! I've made it numerous times since then. Easy, really good flavor.