Turkey Squash Casserole Recipe
I combined two recipes to come up with this casserole, and it suits my family's tastes perfectly. Using ground turkey adds to the convenience.—Mildred Sherrer, Fort Worth, Texas
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- 1. In a large skillet, cook turkey in oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the squash and onion. Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk, cheese, butter, salt and pepper. Stir into the turkey mixture. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with the cracker crumbs.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 459 calories, 33 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 177 mg cholesterol, 670 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Squash Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC