Turkey Spiral Skillet Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, orange pepper, mushrooms, onion and garlic until turkey is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, spaghetti sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Drain pasta; add to skillet. Stir in olives; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 351 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 9g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Spiral Skillet
"This was awesome, great flavor. My husband and 7 yr old loved it. When I made it the first time, I used whole wheat penne because the store was out of rotini. Still tasted great. When I made it the second time I saut?ed the veggies first in butter to get them softer before I cooked them with the meat. I omitted mushrooms and olives because I don't like them and used an extra pepper."
"Really enjoyed this dish! Nice flavor."
"Quick and easy! The whole family loved this one. I will be keeping this one!"
"Very tasty, my family didn't guess it was turkey. I would use a little less pasta the next time i make it"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.