- 1 package (16 ounces) whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, orange pepper, mushrooms, onion and garlic until turkey is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, spaghetti sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta; add to skillet. Stir in olives; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Turkey Spiral Skillet
"This was awesome, great flavor. My husband and 7 yr old loved it. When I made it the first time, I used whole wheat penne because the store was out of rotini. Still tasted great. When I made it the second time I saut?ed the veggies first in butter to get them softer before I cooked them with the meat. I omitted mushrooms and olives because I don't like them and used an extra pepper."
"Really enjoyed this dish! Nice flavor."