- 1 package (16 ounces) whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, orange pepper, mushrooms, onion and garlic until turkey is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, spaghetti sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta; add to skillet. Stir in olives; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Turkey Spiral Skillet
Sort By :
Really enjoyed this dish! Nice flavor.
Quick and easy! The whole family loved this one. I will be keeping this one!
Very tasty, my family didn't guess it was turkey. I would use a little less pasta the next time i make it
I loved everything about this recipe- delicious, fast, easy, makes alot,etc. This is a great weeknight recipe and the family loved it. I did add some seasonings while cooking the turkey/vegetables: Emeril's Essence and Worcestershire sauce. I added a little bit of red wine, sugar, crushed red pepper flakes, and fresh minced parsley to the sauce. I had a 24 ounce jar of spaghetti sauce and used the whole thing, I don't think 14 ounces is enough for 16 ounces of pasta. I just had regular rotini not whole wheat so I used it. I had everything else , even the orange bell pepper! This was great, go ahead and make it! I will use this recipe often, thanks for sharing it!