"My husband and I love to hike in New England," writes Jessica Gerschitz of Jericho, New York. "The maple syrup in Vermont is wonderful, and we always bring some home to extend the vacation spirit. This recipe I created reminds us of those lovely days."
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 pound sliced deli smoked turkey, cut into strips
- 2/3 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup walnut halves
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped shallot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Spinach Salad with Maple Dressing in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Turkey Spinach Salad with Maple Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review