Becca Brasfield from Burns, Tennessee lightened up a family recipe to come up with this turkey and rice bake. "Accompanied by fresh tomato slices and hot corn bread, this quick casserole is one of my gang's favorites," she notes.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fat-free Parmesan cheese topping
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise and water. Stir in the next nine ingredients. Transfer to a shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until rice is tender. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese topping and paprika. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Spinach Casserole in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p42
Reviews for Turkey Spinach Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review