Turkey Spaghetti Pie Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 pound lean ground turkey breast
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain well and cool to room temperature. In a bowl, combine the spaghetti, Parmesan cheese and egg substitute. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray and form into a crust; set aside.
- 2. In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook turkey, onion and green pepper until turkey is no longer pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce; heat through. Spread cottage cheese over crust; top with turkey mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 wedge) equals 274 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 710 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.