This turkey-based entree is a tasty change from traditional spaghetti. Its saucy goodness really comes through when it's reheated on nights my husband and two active schoolboys need to eat in shifts. —Anita Cunningham of Blaine, Washington
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 pound lean ground turkey breast
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain well and cool to room temperature. In a bowl, combine the spaghetti, Parmesan cheese and egg substitute. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray and form into a crust; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook turkey, onion and green pepper until turkey is no longer pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce; heat through. Spread cottage cheese over crust; top with turkey mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Spaghetti Pie in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p31
Reviews for Turkey Spaghetti Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review