Turkey Spaghetti Pie Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 pound lean ground turkey breast
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain well and cool to room temperature. In a bowl, combine the spaghetti, Parmesan cheese and egg substitute. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray and form into a crust; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook turkey, onion and green pepper until turkey is no longer pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce; heat through. Spread cottage cheese over crust; top with turkey mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Spaghetti Pie
Sort By :
"I've made this recipe quite a few times...every time I make it I forget and end up using a pound of turkey...I've made it for guests and everyone I've made it for (including myself) think it's very tasty, and a nice little twist...and it is relatively easy to put together."
"This was very good. I didn't tell my picky husband it was a light recipe and he still doesn't know! I will definitely make it again."
"I have been making spaghetti pie ever since a friend's mother gave me a recipe for it back in the '70s!!! I've been trying to cut back on fat/calories and looking for "makeover" recipes for some of my favorites. This is an excellent reduced fat/calorie of one of my all time favorites. A must have for any cooks collection."
"I didn't want to make a special trip to the store, so I used what I had on hand. I used whole wheat speghetti, 2 eggs instead of the eggs substitute, and chopped up half a zucchini instead of the green pepper. We liked it alot and I will probably make it again. I don't consider it 6 servings, not if you are feeding a hungry 6'3" man. We did have about one serving of leftovers from the two of us. A nice change from everyday spaghetti."
"This is wonderful weeknight meal! It is on the table in 1 hour and everyone loves it. It presents well enough even for company!"