Turkey Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a small skillet, saute the vegetables in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the broth, soup, salt and pepper.
- 2. In a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer the turkey, spaghetti and vegetable mixture. Pour broth mixture over the top.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until spaghetti is tender, stirring once. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 284 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 702mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Turkey Spaghetti Casserole
"Are you supposed to cook the spaghetti? Someone said they did, but directions doesnt specify."
"I was concerned that this recipe might be a bit boring, but we were pleasantly surprised when we dug into this comforting casserole."
"Pretty good casserole! I poached 3 chicken breasts in water with 2 bullion cubes. Removed & chopped the chicken and then dropped the spaghetti into still boiling broth for about 5 minutes, drained (reserving 2 1/2 c liquid). dumped the mushroom soup into broth, layered chicken, noodles & sauteed veggies (added 2 cloves garlic while sauteing) dumped broth mixture on. Covered & baked at 350 for about 30 minutes put provolone slices on top and broiled a few minutes to brown. It was delicious! I was worried it would be soupy but the noodles finished cooking and soaked up the broth. Great recipe I'll try again, next time with some broccoli!"
"This recipe was a hit at my house. I made a huge dish and they cleaned it up. The only change I made was sauting fresh mushrooms with the onions carrots and celery.cakewalk63"
"This makes a DELICIOUS dish. I added more carrots and celery and chopped a can of mushroom pieces/stems and sauted all in olive oil. I cubed 3 baked chicken breasts and used whole wheat spaghetti. This recipe is a "keeper"."