Turkey Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a small skillet, saute the vegetables in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the broth, soup, salt and pepper.
- 2. In a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer the turkey, spaghetti and vegetable mixture. Pour broth mixture over the top.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until spaghetti is tender, stirring once. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 284 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 702 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.