Turkey Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- In a small skillet, saute the vegetables in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the broth, soup, salt and pepper.
- In a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer with turkey, spaghetti and vegetable mixture. Pour broth mixture over the top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until spaghetti is tender, stirring once. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Spaghetti Casserole(5)
Sort By :
I was concerned that this recipe might be a bit boring, but we were pleasantly surprised when we dug into this comforting casserole.
Pretty good casserole! I poached 3 chicken breasts in water with 2 bullion cubes. Removed & chopped the chicken and then dropped the spaghetti into still boiling broth for about 5 minutes, drained (reserving 2 1/2 c liquid). dumped the mushroom soup into broth, layered chicken, noodles & sauteed veggies (added 2 cloves garlic while sauteing) dumped broth mixture on. Covered & baked at 350 for about 30 minutes put provolone slices on top and broiled a few minutes to brown. It was delicious! I was worried it would be soupy but the noodles finished cooking and soaked up the broth. Great recipe I'll try again, next time with some broccoli!
This recipe was a hit at my house. I made a huge dish and they cleaned it up. The only change I made was sauting fresh mushrooms with the onions carrots and celery.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Baked Spaghetti >
- Baked Turkey >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >