Turkey Soft Tacos Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 5 plum tomatoes, chopped, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add half of the tomatoes. Stir in the water, paprika, cumin, chili powder and salt. Add beans and corn; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Place about 1/2 cup turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon cheese. Fold sides of tortilla over filling. Serve with green onions, cilantro and remaining tomatoes and cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 378 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 727mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Turkey Soft Tacos
"Not awful, but very boring."
"Used 1# extra lean ground beef (93/7) in place of ground turkey. Needs more spice, would increase the amount of chili powder to 2-3 teaspoons."