Turkey Soft Tacos Recipe
“Though I’m not a native of San Antonio, I do enjoy the spicy local flavor,” Pattie McGlinchey says from Texas. “Bean-and-corn turkey tacos are my 5-year-old’s favorite. I love that they’re a cinch to put together and healthy, too…but don’t tell that to my son!”
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 5 plum tomatoes, chopped, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add half of the tomatoes. Stir in the water, paprika, cumin, chili powder and salt. Add beans and corn; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Place about 1/2 cup turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon cheese. Fold sides of tortilla over filling. Serve with green onions, cilantro and remaining tomatoes and cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Soft Tacos in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p6
Reviews for Turkey Soft Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2012
"Not awful, but very boring."
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2011
"Used 1# extra lean ground beef (93/7) in place of ground turkey. Needs more spice, would increase the amount of chili powder to 2-3 teaspoons."