“Though I’m not a native of San Antonio, I do enjoy the spicy local flavor,” Pattie McGlinchey says from Texas. “Bean-and-corn turkey tacos are my 5-year-old’s favorite. I love that they’re a cinch to put together and healthy, too…but don’t tell that to my son!”
Featured In: 30 Mexican Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 5 plum tomatoes, chopped, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add half of the tomatoes. Stir in the water, paprika, cumin, chili powder and salt. Add beans and corn; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Place about 1/2 cup turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon cheese. Fold sides of tortilla over filling. Serve with green onions, cilantro and remaining tomatoes and cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Soft Tacos in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p6
Reviews for Turkey Soft Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2012
"Not awful, but very boring."
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2011
"Used 1# extra lean ground beef (93/7) in place of ground turkey. Needs more spice, would increase the amount of chili powder to 2-3 teaspoons."