Turkey Sloppy Joes Recipe
"This is a wonderful sandwich for family meals or parties," writes Sue Ann O'Buck of Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania. Once the meat is browned, the mixture simmers for just 10 minutes, so it's perfect for spur-of-the-moment backyard picnics.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup no-salt-added ketchup
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the ketchup, barbecue sauce, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, celery seed and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
1 sloppy Joe equals 259 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 395 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC