Turkey Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup no-salt-added ketchup
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the ketchup, barbecue sauce, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, celery seed and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 259 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 395mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 2 lean meat
Reviews for Turkey Sloppy Joes
"Tasty! Omitted celery seed as I didn't have any on hand. A good recipe!"
"I've been using his recipe for years. It's easy, fast and can be adapted to all please every taste. Add alittle more heat, or make it alittle tangier, whatever you like. One of our family's favorites."
"Good and easy to make."
"I've never liked Sloppy Joes, but this recipe has changed my mind! Pretty healthy, super fast, and yummy! I did find it a little dry, so I make 1.5 times the amount of sauce."
"Very tasty and super easy to prepare. My husband and I both enjoyed this recipe. It's even better the next day!"
"Just made this recipe..the only thing I didn't add was the celery seed but only because I do not have it on hand...AMAZING recipe and very GOOD and EASY to make...cheap, too!! ;)"
"Great tangy taste! Really fast and easy to make!"
"Very good and very simple to make. My family loves it."
"This is one of my familys' favorites. I always use extra lean (99% lean) ground turkey as I think it tastes much better. I make four or five batches of this and freeze the extra in quart-size freezer bags. Not only is this good on buns but it's good over a lettuce salad."
"I always add my own homemade BBQ Sauce"