I found this recipe in my mother's recipe box. Sometimes I serve it over vegetables such as corn or green beans, but it's equally delicious on a bun. —Julie Clemes, Adrian Michigan
Featured In: Mom's Best Comfort Foods
- 3 pounds lean ground turkey
- 3 medium green peppers, chopped
- 3 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2-1/4 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 16 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, green peppers and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Stir in the ketchup, water, vinegar, mustard, jalapeno and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve on buns. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Sloppy Joes for a Crowd in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012, p18
Reviews for Turkey Sloppy Joes for a Crowd
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 11, 2013
"Very good! It was a hit for my party!"