- 4 applewood-smoked bacon strips, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- Shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Honey Dijon mustard
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain on paper towels. Discard all but 2 tablespoons drippings. Set skillet aside. Combine bacon with next eight ingredients until well mixed; cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cut sweet potatoes into 20 slices about 1/2-in. thick. Place slices on an ungreased baking sheet; bake until sweet potatoes are tender but not mushy, 30-35 minutes. Remove slices; cool on a wire rack.
- Heat skillet with reserved drippings over medium-high heat. Shape turkey mixture into slider-sized patties. Cook sliders in batches, 3-4 minutes on each side, taking care not to crowd skillet. Add a pinch of shredded cheddar after flipping each slider the first time. Cook until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- To serve, place each slider on a sweet potato slice; dab with honey Dijon mustard. Cover with a second sweet potato slice. Pierce with toothpick. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Sliders with Sweet Potato "Buns" in Taste of Home November 2016, p86
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Turkey Sliders with Sweet Potato "Buns"
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review