Turkey Sliders with Chili Cheese Mayo Recipe
Serve these juicy sliders with an assortment of toppings as a scrumptious appetizer. The chili cheese mayo adds a kick!—Lisa Wilkerson, Aberdeen, NC
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 4 bacon strips
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 heat-and-serve rolls
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jar (5 ounces) sharp American cheese spread
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 12 small lettuce leaves
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain. Crumble bacon and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion in the drippings until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the bacon, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 12 patties.
- 3. Cook in a large skillet in oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Meanwhile, bake rolls according to package directions.
- 4. For mayo, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cheese spread, onion powder, garlic powder and chili powder. Split rolls; spread with mayo. Top each burger with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 burger equals 420 calories, 33 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 686 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC