Serve these juicy sliders with an assortment of toppings as a scrumptious appetizer. The chili cheese mayo adds a kick! —Lisa Hundley, Aberdeen, North Carolina
Recommended: 34 Incredible Burgers to Grill This Summer
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 heat-and-serve rolls
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jar (5 ounces) sharp American cheese spread
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 12 small lettuce leaves
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain. Crumble bacon and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion in the drippings until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add the bacon, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 12 patties.
- Cook in a large skillet in oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Meanwhile, bake rolls according to package directions.
- For mayo, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cheese spread, onion powder, garlic powder and chili powder. Split rolls; spread with mayo. Top each burger with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Turkey Sliders with Chili Cheese Mayo in Country Woman October/November 2009, p31
Reviews for Turkey Sliders with Chili Cheese Mayo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2015
"I thought this awful, but then maybe I just don't like ground turkey!"
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2011
"love the chili mayo."