Turkey Skillet Supper Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, macaroni, green pepper, tomato sauce, water and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Garnish servings with sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 341 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 515mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Turkey Skillet Supper
"I have made this recipe MANY times and LOVE IT! I adjust it by adding fresh minced garlic when cooking the turkey and onion. I always add mushrooms to the mix as well, and it can be spiced with oregano and possibly a touch of crushed red pepper. Delicious and one of my faves!!"