Turkey Skillet Supper
This quick and filling one-dish meal from Connie Thomas of Jensen, Utah won't taste like "diet" fare to your family. Chili powder lends a little zip to this satisfying mixture of ground turkey, macaroni and canned tomatoes.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- In a nonstick skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until
- meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, macaroni, green
- pepper, tomato sauce, water and chili powder. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until macaroni is
- tender. Garnish servings with sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1-1/4 cups turkey mixture with 1 tablespoon sour cream) equals 341 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 515 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 2 starch, 2 lean meat.