This quick and filling one-dish meal from Connie Thomas of Jensen, Utah won't taste like "diet" fare to your family. Chili powder lends a little zip to this satisfying mixture of ground turkey, macaroni and canned tomatoes.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- In a nonstick skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, macaroni, green pepper, tomato sauce, water and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Garnish servings with sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Skillet Supper in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p45
Reviews for Turkey Skillet Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review