Turkey Shepherd's Pie
We live way out in the county, and the nearest grocery store is 25 miles away. So I've become quite skilled at turning leftovers into second-time-around successes like this. Linda Howe, Jackman, Maine
4-5 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 3/4 cup turkey gravy
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups prepared stuffing
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups warm mashed potatoes
- In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer the turkey, gravy, carrots,
- stuffing and corn. Top with potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 325°
- for 45-50 minutes or until edges of potatoes are browned. Yield: 4-5
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 407 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 1,133 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer