If you like traditional schnitzel, you're going to love this deliciously different version using turkey breast slices. The bread crumb coating is tasty.—Susan Nicholls, Palm desert, California
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 uncooked turkey breast cutlets (1/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another shallow bowl, beat egg and water. Dip turkey slices in lemon juice and the egg mixture, then coat with bread crumbs.
- In a skillet, cook turkey in oil until browned on both sides and juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Schnitzel in Country Woman November/December 2000, p35
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Turkey Schnitzel
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review