Turkey Sausage with Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Crumble sausage into a large nonstick skillet. Add the onion, green pepper and mushrooms. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- 2. Stir in the tomatoes, Italian seasoning and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve sausage mixture over pasta; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup sausage mixture with 1 cup pasta: 396 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 679mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Sausage with Pasta
"This was an EXCELLENT recipe!"
"Made this tonight for my very picky husband, he loved it. I used turkey sausage and gluten free pasta. It was amazing."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.