Love Italian food? You'll be craving what's good for you when this turkey dish is on the menu. It balances meat, pasta and the best of the garden's bounty. —Mary Tallman, Arbor Vitae, Wisconsin
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Crumble sausage into a large nonstick skillet. Add the onion, green pepper and mushrooms. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, Italian seasoning and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve sausage mixture over pasta; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Sausage with Pasta in Country Woman December/January 2009, p30
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Turkey Sausage with Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review