- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Crumble sausage into a large nonstick skillet. Add the onion, green pepper and mushrooms. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, Italian seasoning and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve sausage mixture over pasta; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Turkey Sausage with Pasta
Sort By :
"Using cooked organic chicken sausage sliced with onion & garlic powders, organic fire-roasted diced tomatoes, omitted the mushrooms & green pepper & 2 cups cooked brown rice pasta. Served with mozz. & cheddar cheese. Was a quick yummy meal. Thank you, Mary."
"Made this tonight for my very picky husband, he loved it. I used turkey sausage and gluten free pasta. It was amazing."
"Is the recipe correct 6 cups of uncooked pasta???I am guessing it should be 6 cups of COOKED pasta"