Turkey Sausage Stew
My family loves traditional beef stew, so they were skeptical when I served this turkey sausage version. But they soon began asking for this stew often.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound low-fat smoked turkey sausage, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the vegetables, soup and water; bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat. Add remaining ingredients; simmer for 35-45
- minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 190 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 622 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 meat, 1 starch.