Turkey Sausage Stew Recipe
My family loves traditional beef stew, so they were skeptical when I served this turkey sausage version. But they soon began asking for this stew often.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound low-fat smoked turkey sausage, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the vegetables, soup and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Add remaining ingredients; simmer for 35-45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Sausage Stew in Country Woman January/February 1995, p36
Reviews for Turkey Sausage Stew(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2012
I made this as directed for my husband to take to work for his lunches. He said it's a winner! His only quibble was that he doesn't like green beans. So next time I make it, I'll use only peas/carrots/corn. Great recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Stew Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Stew Recipes >