- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh green beans (1-inch pieces)
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 large sweet red or green pepper, chopped
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/3 cup minced fresh basil
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain and transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker.
- Add tomatoes, beans, carrots, green beans, zucchini, pepper and green onions. In a large bowl, whisk stock, tomato paste and seasoned salt; pour over vegetables.
- Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Just before serving, stir in basil. Yield: 10 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Turkey Sausage Soup with Fresh Vegetables in Simple & Delicious April/May 2014
Reviews for Turkey Sausage Soup with Fresh Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review