Turkey Sausage Saute
A good friend gave me this recipe years ago. Since then, I've made it for weekday dinners, special occasions and potlucks. It always disappears quickly.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 4 medium potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cubed skinless turkey breast
- 1 each large green pepper, sweet red pepper and onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen green beans, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown potatoes and sausage in
- oil if desired for 15-20 minutes. Add chicken, peppers and onion;
- saute for 15 minutes or until chicken is browned. Add beans, water,
- oregano, seasoning blend and pepper. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 282 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 535 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3.000-1/2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.