Turkey Sausage Saute Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cubed skinless turkey breast
- 1 each large green pepper, sweet red pepper and onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen green beans, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown potatoes and sausage in oil if desired for 15-20 minutes. Add chicken, peppers and onion; saute for 15 minutes or until chicken is browned. Add beans, water, oregano, seasoning blend and pepper. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 282 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 535 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3.000-1/2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Reviews for Turkey Sausage Saute
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer