- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3/4 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- With greased fingers, press dough onto a 12-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, mushrooms and green pepper over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain.
- Spread crust with pizza sauce. Top with sausage mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 12-15 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Freeze option: Wrap and freeze cooled pizza. To use, thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Unwrap; bake on a pizza pan at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 slices.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Turkey Sausage Pizza
"Husband loved it and said this recipe is a keeper. I used the whole 16 oz pkg of sausage and it was just right for us."
"Loved it! I used a premade pizza dough because I didn't have time for frozen dough to thaw."