- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3/4 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- With greased fingers, press dough onto a 12-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, mushrooms and green pepper over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain.
- Spread crust with pizza sauce. Top with sausage mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 12-15 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Freeze option: Wrap and freeze cooled pizza. To use, thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Unwrap; bake on a pizza pan at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 slices.
Originally published as Turkey Sausage Pizza in Taste of Home
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Turkey Sausage Pizza(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2013
Loved it! I used a premade pizza dough because I didn't have time for frozen dough to thaw.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Turkey >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pizza Recipes >