Turkey Sausage Patties
"Everybody who samples my breakfast sausage enjoys the taste and is amazed to learn it's made of turkey," says Sally Brassfield of California, Maryland.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 to 3 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch allspice
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add turkey; mix until
- combined. Shape into six patties. Lightly coat a skillet with
- cooking spray. Cook patties over medium heat until browned on both
- sides and the meat is no longer pink, about 15-20 minutes. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 patty equals 117 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 lean meat.